FAQs on Form 8849

Can I get a refund or credit for the taxes I paid if I drove my truck less than 5,000 miles last year?

Absolutely! If you paid HVUT (Form 2290) taxes last year on a vehicle that traveled less than 5,000 miles (7,500 miles for agricultural vehicles), then you qualify for a refund of the taxes paid.

You may either file Form 8849 to apply for the refund or apply for the earned tax credit directly to the current year tax due. Either method can be done directly from our system. Multiple vehicles can be added to the form at once to make this process more convenient for you.

Our 100% US-based support team can be reached by phone, email, or live chat and is always happy to help with any questions that you may have.

Related Questions

What is Form 8849?

When is Form 8849 due?

Can I make a Form 8849 amendment?

I traded my truck for another truck. Can I transfer my taxes?

My credits are greater than the taxes due. What should I do?

Last modified 21 Jun 2018 01:06 EST