FAQs on General

Do I need an Employer Identification Number (EIN) number to file?

Yes. The IRS requires taxpayers to use an EIN or Employer Identification Number when filing a Form 2290. EINs, also known as federal tax identification numbers, are issued by the IRS.

A Social Security Number may not be used. If you do not have an EIN, you may apply for one online at www.irs.gov/businesses/small, or by phone at 1-800-829-4933. If you do not have time to deal with the IRS directly, our sister product, TSNAmerica can get an EIN for you! Call them at (803)386-0320.

Please keep in mind that it may take up to ten business days for a new EIN to become active in the IRS E-file system.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact our 100% US-based support team by phone, email, or live chat.

Related Questions

Why is ExpressTruckTax the Market Leader?

What services and features are included for the $9.90 price?

Will my information be saved in my account for next year?

What is an agricultural vehicle?

What is the IRS phone number for excise taxes?

Last modified 13 Jul 2018 08:07 EST