ExpressTruckTax IFTA Features
Accurate fuel tax calculation
Automatic IFTA report generation from Trip Sheets
Maintain IVMR (trip sheets and fuel records)
Bulk & GPS data upload
US-based customer support
IFTA & IRP reports
ELD data import
Generate your Fuel Tax Report Accurately with our Online IFTA Reporting Software.
Who is required to file IFTA?
If your "qualified motor vehicle" travels between two or more of the member jurisdictions (48 of the United States and 10 Canadian provinces) you must have an International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) license and decals. If you are required to carry an IFTA license and decal, you will need to file a quarterly IFTA return with your base jurisdiction.
Qualified motor vehicles include vehicles that have:
- Two axles and a gross vehicle weight exceeding 26,000 pounds
- Two axles and a registered weight exceeding 26,000 pounds
- Three or more axles regardless of weight
- A combination weight exceeding 26,000 pounds
Recreational vehicles are exempt from IFTA Fuel Tax Reporting.
What does “Base Jurisdiction” mean?
- Your base jurisdiction is also where your truck and information is registered.
- Where your operational control and records are maintained or can be made available in case of an audit.
- The state in which your qualified motor vehicle is traveling through within the fleet, accruing mileage.
What do I need to file an IFTA return?
The following information is required to complete an IFTA quarterly tax return:
- Total miles, taxable and nontaxable, traveled by the licensee's qualified motor vehicles in all jurisdictions, IFTA and non-IFTA, including trip permit miles
- Total gallons of fuel consumed, taxable and nontaxable, by the licensee's qualified motor vehicles in all jurisdictions, IFTA and non-IFTA
- Total miles and taxable miles traveled in each member jurisdiction
- Taxable gallons consumed in each member jurisdiction
- Tax-paid gallons purchased in each member jurisdiction
- Current tax rate for each member jurisdiction
Choose our IFTA Reporting Software to generate reports in minutes. Get Started Now
Generate Online IFTA Reports in a Few Steps
Create your account
Add business details
Enter base jurisdiction
Add vehicle details
Enter miles traveled & fuel records
Generate your IFTA report