West Virginia Trucking Industry
The Mission of the Division of Motor Vehicles is to provide essential motor vehicle and driver services, facilitate interstate travel by promoting reciprocity for West Virginia vehicles and drivers in other states, promote highway safety, and collect revenue for highway maintenance and construction programs.
- The Non-Resident Violator Compact (NRVC) allows West Virginia drivers who receive a traffic citation, while driving through other states and jurisdictions, to accept their ticket and continue their travel without an appearance in the issuing jurisdiction's local court.
- The International Registration Plan (IRP) allows West Virginia commercial truck drivers to operate their commercial vehicles in other states and jurisdictions seamlessly by allowing West Virginia to collect the fees for all states and jurisdictions with just one application.
West Virginia Form 2290 - Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return
HVUT or Heavy Vehicle Use Tax is an annual fee collected from heavy vehicles that operate on public highways with a gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more.
Truckers from West Virginia can e-File Form 2290, the Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT) return with ExpressTruckTax, and receive your stamped Schedule 1 from the IRS in minutes.
What are the benefits of E-Filing Form 2290 with ExpressTruckTax?
#1 IRS authorized 2290 e-file provider
Get 2290 Schedule 1 instantly
Instant notification about the IRS filing status
Free VIN Corrections
Free retransmission of rejected returns
File conveniently from any device
Support 2290 Amendments
Claim credits using
Form 8849 (Schedule 6)
US Based Customer Support
West Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMVs)
ExpressTruckTax has partnered with the West Virginia State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMVs) to speed up the process of vehicle registrations and tag renewals by having them verified online for the
authenticity of Schedule 1’s.
The following West Virginia County DMVs authorities can now verify the 2290 Schedule 1 of vehicles that require registration or renewal of license plates using ExpressTruckTax.
What are the benefits of West Virginia partnering with ExpressTruckTax?
- Check Schedule 1 online using either EIN or VIN
- The quick verification process for registration or renewal of license plates
- Identify fraudulent HVUT payment proof
- Stay HVUT compliant