and Get your Schedule 1 in Minutes.
E-file Form 2290 Now
Single Vehicle Filing
Form 2290 is an annual tax return filed for vehicles with a taxable gross weight of 55,000 pounds that are operated on the public highways. Form 2290 is used to calculate and pay the Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT). Filing your Form 2290 with ExpressTruckTax makes your filing much simpler and calculates your HVUT accurately.
1.Who can file for a single vehicle?
In ExpressTruckTax, single vehicle filers can file their Form 2290 return by clicking on the “e-File for 1 truck” under “Start New Return.” You can file for only one vehicle if you choose this option. It can be either one suspended vehicle or one taxable vehicle.
If you need to report a credit vehicle, you have to choose “e-file for multiple vehicles” as you cannot add credit vehicles in a single-vehicle filing.
2.What do I need to file Form 2290?
With ExpressTruckTax, filing your Form 2290 is simple. All you need is the following information and you can complete your filing in a matter of minutes.
- Business Information - EIN, Business name, business address, signing authority details.
- Vehicle information - First Used Month, VIN, Taxable Gross Weight.
- Preferred IRS payment method.
3.How do I file Form 2290 for a single vehicle with ExpressTruckTax?
ExpressTruckTax is the #1 IRS-authorized 2290 e-file provider. We offer clients an interview-style process and a step-by-step guide to make filing simple. Here’s how to file Form 2290 for a single vehicle with ExpressTruckTax.
- Log in to your ExpressTruckTax account.
- Provide your business information, including your Employer Identification Number (EIN), business name, address, and signing authority information.
- Once you enter your business details, in the dashboard, click on "Start New Return" and select "E-file for a 1 Truck".
- Choose your tax year and your First Used Month.
- Provide the vehicle details such as your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), Taxable Gross Weight Category, and choose whether it is used for logging purposes.
- Click on the "Is this a Suspended Vehicle" checkbox if your vehicle is suspended.
- You might need to report prior year suspended vehicles in certain circumstances. Click here to learn more.
- Choose your preferred IRS payment method.
- Follow the prompts to complete your return.
- Enter any five digits of your choice as a pin and then e-sign your return and transmit
it to the IRS.
4.How long does it take to receive my stamped Schedule 1?
You will receive your stamped Schedule 1 within a few minutes of transmitting your return to the IRS if you file with ExpressTruckTax. We will send a copy of your stamped Schedule 1 to your email.
You can also download a copy of your Form 2290 through your ExpressTruckTax account at any time.
5.How does ExpressTruckTax help returning users?
ExpressTruckTax uses a cloud-based software that saves all the information you enter while filing a return with us. If you have already filed a return with us, the information about all those vehicles will be stored in your account.
When you come back the next tax year to file your Form 2290, you can use the “Ready Return” feature to auto-populate all the information from your previous return into your new return. All you have to do is review your return and transmit it to the IRS.